The latest GFK radio listenership survey for RNZ is out and they are still doing great! It was released on the 14th of December 2017 at 1:30pm! Here are some highlights:
- The GFK Radio Audience Measurement figures for the 12 month period to the 18th of November 2017 show that 645,200 New Zealanders, which is 15.5% of the population, tune into RNZ radio stations in an average week!
- Around 2 million users access RNZ websites every month!
- Partnerships with organisations including Fairfax, NZME, MSN, TVNZ and Bauer have increased their reach even further!
- RNZ National has a weekly nationwide radio audience of 586,700 which is 14.1% of New Zealanders 10 years old and over!
- RNZ Concert has a weekly cumulative audience of 145,800 which is 3.5% of New Zealanders 10 years old and over!
- The weekly cumulative audience for RNZ National and Concert combined is 645,200 or 15.5% of New Zealanders 10 years old and over!
- In October 2017, RNZ had 1,759,700 unique downloads, plus 309,400 requests for on-demand audio. (Source: Google Analytics, internal RNZ analytics)
- Among all radio stations in New Zealand, RNZ National’s station share of 11.3% makes it Number 1 nationwide!
- Its audience of 586,700 listeners makes it the Number 2 station for cume audience size nationwide behind a music station!
Here’s how some of RNZ’s shows stack up!
- Morning Report 445,700 listeners!
- Nine to Noon with Kathryn Ryan 300,900 listeners!
- Jesse Mulligan 1-4pm 263,000 listeners!
- The Panel with Jim Mora 224,100 listeners !
- Checkpoint with John Campbell 279,300 listeners!
- Nights with Bryan Crump 190,100 listeners!
- Saturday Morning with Kim Hill 256,900 listeners!
- Sunday Morning with Wallace Chapman 283,900 listeners!
The next set of results will come out in May 2018!
#FundRNZ – the fight is worth it!
Links to GFK data and press release below: