The latest GFK radio survey results are out for Radio New Zealand and they are more popular than ever! RNZ has just recorded its highest ever recorded listenership! Over 691,000 people are now tuning in to RNZ’s stations in an average week! RNZ National comes first nationwide (among people aged 10 years and over) of all radio stations in New Zealand with a whopping 11.6% market share! It is also second for cume audience size nationwide, behind a music station, due to its excellent 625,500 listeners!
Here are the weekly cumulative audience figures for live broadcast listening of people aged 10 years and over:
- Morning Report 474,600 listeners – up from 467,000 in the previous survey.
- Nine to Noon with Kathryn Ryan 316,400 listeners – up from 309,800 listeners last time.
- Jesse Mulligan, 1-4pm 278,000 listeners – up from 267,000 last time.
- The Panel with Jim Mora 241,800 listeners – up from 232,800 last time.
- Checkpoint with John Campbell 287,500 listeners – up from 283,400 last time.
- Nights with Bryan Crump 191,100 listeners.
- Saturday Morning with Kim Hill 277,500 listeners.
- Sunday Morning with Wallace Chapman 296,900 listeners.
There were great online stats for September as well:
- 4.8 million sessions, up 42% on September the year before
- 2 million users, up 18%
- 9.4 million page views, up 44%.
RNZ is loved more than ever! #FundRNZ ! The fight continues!
Source for this piece: http://www.radionz.co.nz/about/audience-research